Masala vada is my go to recipe for tea time snack if you haven’t tried masala vada before then please do try this recipe and I promise you will love this and be ready to hear appreciations from your family members and guests.
If you have already tried masala vada and if you don’t like them, maybe you haven’t tried the right recipe.
It’s easy to make
Right amount of masala
Tastes delicious with hot tea.
Please do try them and share your comments and don’t forget to watch the video.
Watch the Masala vada making
- Channa Dal 1 Cup
- 10-15 Shallots or 1 big Onion
- ½ Cup Chopped Coriander leaves
- 1 Tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Rice flour
- 3 Red chilies
- 5 Garlic Pearls
- Few Curry leaves
- 1 Inch Ginger
- 1 Tsp Fennel seeds / saunf
- Soak Channa Dal for 3 hrs
- Drain the water and grind them coarsely, don't add water, check the video to understand the mixture texture.
- Grind the ingredeitns listed under masala paste section.
- Chop onions and coriander leaves.
- In a mixing bowl, combine coarsely grounded channa dal, masala paste, chopped onions, chopped coriander leaves, rice powder, and salt. Give a good mix.
- Heat oil in Kadai, take a small portion of vada mixture, give a round shape, pat them gently on top to give vada shape.
- Drop them carefully into hot oil, stir occasionally and cook them in medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes till it gets nice golden color outside.
Dont grind to find paste, take your time grind them coarsely, I use pulse option in my mixer.
Don't add water.
It's good to have few whole channa dal pulse , it adds crunchiness to vada