If you are looking for a perfect Donuts Recipe, which can be replicated in Kitchen without special kitchen equipment , then you are landed on a right page.
It’s a perfect Recipe to get Soft and fresh Donuts , Most importantly easy to do at home.
There are a lot of recipes of donuts on the internet and most of them needs a stand mixer or special deep fryer, However with this recipe all you need is time.
Perfect donuts are fluffy and soft , so the gluten in the dough will be formed when we leave it for overnight in the fridge. If you want to quicken this process you need to knead the dough vigorously to get the gluten formed .so it calls for a stand mixer or hand mixer.
With this donuts recipe, you can bake as well as deep fry.
Note : the quality of the yeast is very important for the recipe so, please use a good quality yeast and read the instructions on yeast for its application. I have used below yeast and i am loving it.
Watch the Donuts making video here
- 1¼ cups (280 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp dried yeast (active or fast action)
- ½ tsp salt
- 100ml milk ( little less than ½ Cup), warmed
- 85 g (little less than ½ cup) butter, melted
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ cup confectioners (powdered) sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract.
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl add in your flour, yeast and salt and the above, wet ingredients.
- Mix it with a spatula until you form a wet loose dough. Cover tightly with cling film and lay a towel over the top. That’s it, your dough is mixed and no machine needed!! You may have some lumps in the dough but don’t worry, they will disappear in the finished product.
- Leave the rise at room temperature for 2-3 hours. You will see it rise and bubble up.
- Once doubled in size place the dough in the fridge overnight, roughly for 12 hours. The dough will be loose but will firm up when chilled.
- To form your Donuts: On a floured surface, roll out your dough to ¼ of an inch thick. Using a cutter cut out your round pieces of dough. To cut the hole in the middle I used a cookie cutter.
- Lay your donuts and donut holes on a baking tray lined with parchment paper (use a good thick baking tray, or double tray so your donuts don’t brown too much on the bottom)
- Cover your donuts with a towel and leave to rise again at room temperature for 20-30 minutes. You will know when they are ready because they will have puffed up.
- Gently brush the donuts with melted butter
- Bake at 375oF (190oC) for 15 minutes. Keep a close eye on them so they don’t get too brown.
- To deep fry : Fry the donuts in Oil at medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Slowly stir in milk and vanilla extract. Whisk until silky and smooth. If you need a touch more milk to make this a dippable glaze, add a bit more.
- Dip doughnuts in chocolate glaze and let rest to harden slightly.
2. You need not buy donut cutter, you could use any round cutter available at home. I have used a lid of a box and a cookie cutter.
3. The dough will be loose however it gets firm once it's chilled.