Everyone loves to have a never-fail recipe when it comes to baking. we usually want to bake them on special occasions and we want to be 100% sure about the end result. So, Here is the decadent best ever chocolate cake with Fudgy Chocolate Frosting.
If you have any birthdays coming up, Do try this recipe to surprise your family and friends.
This recipe yields you a rich, fudgy and soft frosting. Similar to a buttercream, this recipe is not complicated and the cake is incredibly moist and rich.
Watch the Best Ever Chocolate Cake – Never Fail Recipe With Chocolate Frosting Video here
- ½ Cup + 6 Tbsp (125g) Maid / all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup (200g) powdered
- 6 Tbsp (25g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup curd
- ¼ cup oil(any flavorless oil)
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup freshly brewed hot coffee
- ½ cup (110) butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups (325g) powdered sugar, SIFTED
- ½ cup + 3 Tbsp (55g) cocoa
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (80g) whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 350oF (180oC). Butter and line 7-inch round cake pans.
- Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Whisk the ingredients together by hand.
- In another bowl, combine the curd, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, add hot black coffee, GENTLY mix the batter just to combine. Do not over mix or beat as this cake can toughen up.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans for 30 minutes, then turn them out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
- In the bowl beat room temperature butter until lightly fluffy.
- Add the sifted powdered sugar 1 spoon at a time and mix well.
- Add vanilla and cocoa, and the milk, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you work.
- Turn mixer on medium high. Beat frosting until light, fluffy and of spreading consistency.
- If the frosting is too thick, slowly add more milk or half and half, one tablespoon at a time, until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Slice the cake into two layers , using a long serrated knife and place flat side down on a flat plate or turning table.
- With a knife or spatula, spread the top with frosting. Place the second layer on top, rounded side up, and spread the frosting evenly on the top and sides of the cake.
- Put the cake in the fridge and let the crumb layer set for around 30 minutes (this will make the finished product look really clean)
- Take the cake from the fridge and put on another, final layer of frosting. Try and get it as smooth as you can.
- To finish the top of your cake, take a fork and give horizontal strokes and vertical strokes on the sides.
- Store at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 4 days. If storing in the fridge make sure it reaches room temperature before eating
Egg and butter has to be room temperature.
Sift the powdered sugar.