If you want to cook Arbi or taro-root in a different way then these cutlets are right for you, we can make your version of this recipe, by adding our own flavors also we can choose to deep fry or shallow fry.we could skip breadcrumbs and deep fry them like Bondas.
Watch the video
- 400 grams arbi
- 2 onion, finely chopped
- 1Tbsp Ginger & Garlic Paste
- 4 green Chilies, finely chopped
- ½ Cup Coriander Leaves Chopped
- ½ Cup Pudina Leaves Chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup besan (chickpea flour)
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- For Deep Frying
- Pressure cook Arbi until soft. Peel and mash.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Using wet hands, portion the arbi dough into small balls. Press the balls into patties.
- Roll the patties in bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Heat oil until hot. Gently place the patties in hot oil and fry the patties till golden. It will take about 2-3 minutes. Drain the cutlets on paper towels.
- Serve Arbi Cutlets – Taro root cutlets hot with ketchup.