Ratlami Sev, Masala Sev is popular sev recipe from the city of Ratlam in Madhya Pradesh. Ratlami sev does look similar to kara sev but it’s very different recipe and of course, it’s not similar to normal besan sev in taste. Though the sev is not very spicy in taste its very flavorful, aromatic with all the spices that we use in this sev, good snack for Diwali.
Watch the video
- 1 Tsp - Ginger & Garlic Paste
- ¼ Tsp - Asafoetida/Hing
- ¼ Tsp - Cooking Soda
- 6 Tbsp - Hot Oil
- 1 Tsp - Lemon Juice
- ¼ Cup - Water ( more if required)
- 2 Cup - Besan/ Chickpea Flour
- ½ Tsp - Cumin seeds
- ½ Tsp - Fennel seeds
- ½ Tsp - Pepper
- ½ - Ajwain / Carom seeds
- 2 - Dry Red Chilli
- 1 - Inch Cinnamon
- 4 - Cloves
- To Deep Fry Oil
- In a Pan Dry Roast and Powder all the Ingredients mentioned In Roast and Grind Section.
- Mix Besan Flour with all the remaining ingredients, except water.
- Add water little by little, as it very easy make a messy dough, so add water carefully until you get a soft dough ( watch the video)
- Grease Murukku Press with oil.
- Fill the dough in Murukku Press and press the sev into the hot oil.
- Cook on medium heat, until bubble, reduces and take it out from oil.
- Continue the same process till you finish the dough.
- Server Masala Sev in the evening with Hot Tea !!
2. If you find it hard while pressing in Murukku Press, add few tsp of water make a loose dough and try again.
3. Don't overcook the sev, it will turn bitter.