Soft Whole Wheat Bread, the recipe doesn’t have the typical heaviness which is found in 100% whole wheat bread.
I have tried a couple of whole wheat bread recipes, but I wasn’t satisfied with the end result, as the bread turns out to be dense. I was almost convinced about the fact that whole wheat bread is dense, then I stumbled upon this recipe and I was awestruck by the idea of using curd, which helps in gluten development.
As soon as I read the recipe, I couldn’t wait to try and I was very much happy with end result. it’s a soft whole wheat bread.
- 3 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 2 Tbsp Sugar/ Honey
- 2 Tbsp Curd
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 to 1.5 Cup Water ( I have used 1.5 Cup)
- Some milk brushing on top of the bread
- In a Large Bowl, add 3 Cups of wheat flour.
- Add Salt and Yeast, place them on different corners of the bowl ( Check the video)
- Add sugar and give a good mix of all the dry ingredients.
- Now add curd, oil, and water.
- Add water gradually till you reach sticky consistency.
- Rest the dough for 30 to 35 mins.
- after 30 -35 mins, the dough would have risen.
- transfer it to oil applied work surface and knead the dough gently for 2 to 3 mins.
- make a log of the dough and seal the edges.
- transfer the dough to a greased loaf pan.
- Allow it to rest for 40 to 45 mins.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220 C for at least 20 mins.
- Once the dough in the loaf pan has risen, brush some milk on top and bake in the oven for 20 to 25 mins.
- Bake the bread for 20 mins or till you get a hollow sound when you tap the bread.
- Remove from the oven, allow it to cool it down.
- while the bread is still hot remove from the loaf pan and allows it to cool it down completely.
- Once the bread is cooled down, make the slices and store them in air tight container.
You could replace sugar with honey as well