Whenever I post baking recipes with egg, I do get queries for egg substitute, which made me realize about the need of egg less baking, so i thought of posting an egg less baking recipe which is very easy to try and tastes nothing less than cakes which are made with butter.
This recipe is cost effective and easy to try at home. I hope you will have success with egg less sponge cake and will be glad to here about your experiment.
- Curd 1 cup
- Oil ½ Cup ( Any flavorless oil i have used refined oil)
- Vanilla essence 1 Tsp
- Maida / All purpose flour - 1½ cup
- Powdered Sugar - ¾ cup
- Baking Soda - ½ Tsp
- Baking Powder - 1¼ Tsp
- Salt - ¼ Tsp
- Chocolate Chips - ¼ Cup ( optional)
- In a bowl add curd and whisk it, add oil and vanilla essence , give a good mix and keep it aside.
- In another bowl sieve maida, powdered sugar,baking powder & baking soda.
- Meanwhile Preheat the oven to 180 c
- Combine wet ingredients with the dry ingredients with salt and give a mix just enough so that there are no lumps , now add chocolate chips and mix again.
- Grease and dust the loaf pan , pour the cake batter and tap the tin.
- Bake the cake in oven for 25 to 30 mins, until tooth pick comes out clean .
- Once the cake is done, allow to cool it down before you slice.
- Yummy and easy sponge cake is ready !
2. Chocolate chip is optional, you can also add any nuts or tuti fruiti.