Hi Readers, again another baking recipe from cookery studio. In Recent days Semolina cakes have become very popular and I am yet to try them.Meanwhile, i thought of posting a semolina bread recipe which is easy to make and healthy too, with a couple of ingredients you can make delicious sandwich bread.
- Semolina or Sooji 500g
- Active Dry Yeast 2 Tsp
- Oil ¼ Cup
- Warm Water ( As needed) 1 - 1½ cup
- Sugar 1 Tbsp
- Salt 1¼ tsp
- In a Large Bowl add semolina, yeast and salt at different corners of the bowl ( as adding salt to yeast might deactivate the yeast), add sugar and oil.
- Now add warm water gradually till you see enough water to make a soft dough.
- Rest the dough for 10 mins, till semolina absorbs the water.
- knead for 10 -12 min or until you get a smooth dough.
- grease the loaf pan with oil, fold and seal the edges of the dough as shown in the video and place it in a loaf pan, leave it to rise for 40 mins.
- in the last 10 mins of rising time preheat the oven to 190 c.
- Bake the bread for 35 to 40 mins. If the top gets too dark, place a sheet of foil over the top and continue baking.
- Remove from oven, cool for 10 mins before removing from pan. Cool completely and then slice and serve.
2. Add water gradually while mixing the dough.
3. You can use any flavourless oil, I have used refined oil.
4. The time required to bake the bread varies from oven to oven, Bake the bread till you get the hollow sound when you tap the bread.