If you are following my posts, you would have noticed baking recipe series. In recent days had a couple of success with baking so I thought it’s a good idea to post; in case if you have missed my other baking recipes, I am leaving links below.
Semolina Sandwich Bread Recipe | Suji/Rava Bread Recipe
Coming back to this post, as the title suggest its a lemon cake. There is a beautiful lemon tree in My In-law’s home backyard and we always get dozens of lemons during our visit. This time I wanted to bake something out of these fresh lemons and I latched onto this recipe.
It’s a tangy cake, if you like lemon flavour, I am sure you will love this cake also if you are looking for some different flavour cakes apart from usual ones I must say you should try this.
Serve lemon cake with tea or with plain ice cream, It really tastes better the next day. So, if you have guests coming in bake them in advance and serve it for dessert with plain ice cream. It will be a good surprise to them and you will surely get lot of praises
This cake is really moist and soft, handle with care.
- Eggs 2
- Sugar ¾ cup - 1 cup ( I have used ¾ cup + 3 Tbsp)
- Curd ½ cup ( For eggless version add 1 cup of Curd)
- Oil ½ cup ( Any flavourless oil , I have used refined oil)
- Lemon Zest of 1 medium-size lemon
- All-purpose flour 1½ cup
- Fresh Lemon juice ¼ cup
- Baking powder 2 Tsp
- Salt ¼ Tsp
- Pudina leaves 10 big leaves
- Preheat oven to 180 c
- In a large bowl whisk eggs and sugar until its fluffy
- Now add, curd, oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and pudina leaves.
- Sieve Flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients just to get lump-free batter, do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into baking tin and bake for 35-45 mins.
- Once the cake is baked, allow it cool it down completely at least for 2 hrs before you start slicing them.
- Enjoy them with tea or with plain ice cream
2. Sugar can be adjusted from ¾ to 1 cup, as your sweet preference.
3. Lemon zest and lemon juice: seeds and white bits in lemon zest will add bitter flavour so be cautious.
4. Lemon juice quantity can be adjusted as per your preference, but I like tangy cake.
5. Pudina leaves are optional.
6. If top of the cake is getting brown quickly , drape butter paper.