I am back with another baking recipe and we had a lot of issues while shooting this video. When we attempted it for the first time out of nowhere camera would start to flicker and it doesn’t turn on again. Camera issue was a shocker!
So, we had to stop filming the video immediately. We were waiting for the camera delivery from the service centre which delayed in posting this blog.
Anyways lets come back to today’s post, Wheat buns really turned out really soft and light. I am sure you would love them, even I was surprised at the end result when I tried for the first time.
I have already baked them for 4 to 5 times, as they are so good.
- Wheat flour/atta 2 cups
- Buttermilk/Curd 1 cup
- Active Dry Yeast ½ Tbsp
- Sugar ¼ Cup
- Salt ½ Tsp
- Oil/Butter ¼ cup
- Milk for brushing on top
- In a large bowl add Wheat flour, Active Dry Yeast, Sugar, and Salt, give a good mix.
- Now add the Buttermilk, give a good mix.
- At the end add oil and mix it again.
- Check the texture of the dough, the dough should be of loose consistency, if it feels dry, add 2 tbsp of curd to the dough to get loose consistency.
- Now knead the dough for 3 to 4mins, not more.
- Cover the kneaded dough with a tea towel and allow it to double in size (it takes 90 mins to 2.5 hrs based on weather).
- Once the dough has doubled, divide into 6 equal portions.
- Give a bun shape and place them on a baking tray and allow it to rise for another 20 mins.
- Preheat oven to 200 c, brush milk on buns and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Bake the buns for 12 to 15 mins.
- Allow them to cool it down before you slice.
- Enjoy fresh homemade healthy burger buns.