Wish you a very happy new year. I hope you are all set to embrace the new year with new goals and resolutions.
My goal for this year is to post recipes more frequently, be more organized with my day to day tasks to be more productive, also to maintain a gratitude journal to be thankful for all that I have.
I have couple more ideas hanging over my head about my new ventures. till I get the clarity I choose to be silent.
So, tell me what your goals for 2018, I will be happy reading them.
Let’s talk about the recipe now, this is one of the easiest chicken recipes.
If you want to try quick and simple chicken recipe and not so usual ones then I strongly recommend you to give a try.
- Chicken 400g
- Onion – 1 finely chopped
- Tomato – 1 finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a generous pinch
- Red Chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 Tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tsp chopped finely
- Pepper – 1.5 Tsp
- Fennel seeds – ½ tsp
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – ¼ inch piece
- Cloves – 2
- Cardamom – 1
- Curry leaves – 10
- Green Chillies – 1 chopped
- Dry roast the ingredients under the list ‘to roast and grind’ till slightly browned and grind it to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
- In a kadai, heat oil and add the items listed under temper section.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and onion, fry till they are transparent.
- Once onions are done, add tomatoes and a little salt, saute until they are mushy.
- Add turmeric, Red chilli powder and coriander powder, saute them.
- Now add chicken pieces and half of the freshly ground pepper and fennel powder.
- Saute till chicken is well blended with the spices in high flame.
- To cook the chicken add a glass of water and cook in medium to high flame for 5 min, Taste and adjust salt.
- saute till it becomes semi-dry and add remaining pepper and fennel powder.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and switch it off.
2. Do not overcook the chicken.